Stuffed Peppers With Ground Turkey
November 4, 2020
- Ground turkey breast – 1 pack
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- 5 red bell peppers
- Spinach – 3 large handfuls
- Chickpeas – 1 box/can
- Crushed tomatoes – 1/2 can
- Chopped yellow onion – 1/2
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Oregano – 1 tbsp
- Sea Salt – hefty pinch
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in large skillet
- Add onion and garlic and simmer until soft
- Add ground turkey and spices and cook until meat is no longer pink
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes
- Add spinach then cover the pan so spinach wilts
- While mixture is cooking cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the insides
- Fill each pepper completely and firmly pack it down with a spoon
- Use the top of the pepper as a lid and cover
- Cook for about 27-30 minutes or until tops of peppers start to turn brown
- Remove, garnish with more parsley, and enjoy!
*Make sure to really break up the turkey as it’s cooking. You don’t want huge chunks of turkey as smaller pieces makes for a better filling.
**I like to use a dish vs a flat pan. I feel like you can get away with no foil this way!
***You probably won’t use ALL of the meat mixture for the recipe. I love to keep it in a separate container to eat leftover with a salad or some sweet potatoes!