Spring Quarantine Salad
May 2, 2020
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy as we head into a new month of quarantine. If you’ve been following my workouts the last several weeks, GREAT job! If not, be sure to check out my Instagram page and website to see what I’m all about. I’ve been having such a blast connecting with new people all over the world during quarantine. Although we are living in a strange time, it’s so incredible how fitness and wellness can bring so many people together! Today I’ve partnered up with The Royal Poinciana Plaza to bring you a live at-home workout (on their Instagram) plus a delicious and healthy post workout recipe. Remember: you can’t have great results without eating well! This salad is hearty, nutritious, and packed with flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 green apple – thin sliced
- Cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove
- Large bunch cilantro
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or white)
- 1 lime
To cook chicken:
- Cut chicken breast in small pieces and place into a large bowl with 1 tbs olive oil. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, cayenne, and coat all pieces.
- Cook chicken in a large cast iron pan until brown, mixing often to cook evenly. About 25 minutes, depending on how much chicken you’re making.
- Remove from heat and store in a glass container for salad and left overs.
- Combine a large bunch of cilantro, juice of 1 lime, garlic clove, 1/2 jalapeño (or more if you like spicy!), pinch of sea salt, 5 tablespoons of olive oil, and 3 tablespoons of vinegar in a food processor. Puree the dressing until smooth.
- Place kale and 1/3 cup cooked quinoa in a large salad bowl and toss around.
- Top with chicken, avocado, and sliced apple. Pour desired amount of dressing and enjoy!
Try it out and be sure to tag me @livfigueroa – I love seeing your healthy creations!