Grilled Chicken Kebabs
August 4, 2020
During the pandemic we’ve been doing a whole lot of grilling. It’s a nice way to get outside and change up your typical stovetop or oven-baked dinner. Not only does grilling make your food taste amazing, it’s great for making lots of food at once (meal prep!). My favorite weeknight dinner on the grill? These Chicken Kebabs. The marinade for the chicken plus the grilled sweet pineapple is what makes them incredible. I also love them because they are amazing for lunch the next day!
*SOAK THE SKEWERS. Do not skip this step as this keeps the wooden skewers from catching on fire.
*FLIP IT AND REVERSE IT! Make sure you flip them half way with tongs so they cook evenly.
- 4 chicken breasts – cubed
- Pineapple chunks
- 3 zucchinis – cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large red onion – peeled and sliced into thick strips
- 2 red bell peppers – sliced into squares
- Olive oil – to coat vegetables
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix. Then pour mixture over chicken and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- Before prepping vegetables, thoroughly soak wooden skewers in water.
- Once chicken has marinated and skewers are wet, slice up all the vegetables and place them on a large plate. Drizzle with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Layer vegetables, pineapple, and chicken onto the skewers leaving about 1/2 inch at the top and bottom of each stick.
- Grill the skewers until fully cooked (flipping half way) and charred about 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy! I love serving these with baked sweet potato chunks or coconut rice, but also can be a perfect dinner alone!