Chocolate Chip Tahini Banana Bread
March 2, 2020
Warning! This banana bread is delicious and dangerous…and it’s my all time favorite. It’s less heavy and sweet compared to your average banana bread, and obviously free of gluten or dairy.
- 3 medium overripe bananas (mushier the better!)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dairy free chocolate chunks (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease glass loaf dish with coconut oil spray.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl first. Beat eggs before adding them to mashed bananas. Then add tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Wisk until thin.
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet, mixing well.
- Once completely mixed, fold in chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. (The key to a gooey center!)